ARMENIA: Manifesto of Armenian Libertarian Socialist Movement
MISSION STATEMENT and the Plan
Our Goals: To spark a mass Movement that would not be led by a single individual or a concentrated decision-making organ, but guided by a Platform/Manifesto and a set of principles and ethics; a Movement that would not be organized hierarchically, but horizontally (rhizomatically) — with each cell operating independently, but toward the realization of the same Vision.
- a transformed Armenia as a Federated Polity of Directly-Democratic Hamainqs and Unions as its political structure;
- where Socialist and Communitarian social values of Solidarity and Respect prevail;
- where worker-owned cooperative, collectivist and syndicalist structures dominate the economy (though don’t exclude other economic and financial formations);
- where the production is sustainable, environmentally friendly and socially just;
- where military is professional and voluntary (fedayeen) and precluded from interveening in political life;
- where culture and art thrive;
- where people are proud of their political lifestyle;
- and where the concept of “Coming to Power” looses its conventional meaning.
Our Purpose and Plan of Action is…
- To spread the political philosophies and culture of Liberty, Libertarian-Socialism, Direct-Democracy, Anarcho-Syndicalism, Anarcho-Communism, Radical-Politics, Anti-Globalism, Communitarianism throughout the Diaspora and the region of Caucasus.
- To become the focal point for like-minded persons (not necessarily anarcho-syndicalist) in the Diaspora, Armenia and Caucasus for efficient information and action coordination; and to construct a Cyber-Kibbutz (or Anarcho-Polis or HAMAKERT). Internet and modern technology allows for such a federation of widely dispersed network to function steadily.
- To initiate a dialogue that is on a level of solidarity, intellectualism, critical thinking, respect and mutual aid.
- To forge collaborative links with organizations and individuals in the Diaspora who are working towards the same goals (Liberty, Democracy, Civil Society, Self-Governance, Social Justice, economic Empowerment, etc)
- To promote principles of Solidarity, Peace, non-Violence, Respect, Diversity and Equality.
- To resist militarization, militarism and barbarism (from all sides); and instead to invite culture and dialogue.
- To resist Fascism in all of its manifestations (Racism, Tseghakronutyun).
- To resist violent coups
- To grow strong (financially and in terms of popularity) while in Diaspora or Exile.
- To support organizations and individuals in the region who advocate liberalization of Democratic processes and values in Caucasus.
- To forge strong links with Armenian scientific research community, who would later help with the Know-How.
- To forge strong links with intellectuals, artists and writers (and generally people of culture) across the Diaspora and Caucasus
- To advocate constitutional restructuring in favor of Direct-Democracy (near-Swiss-model) and the dissemination of centralized and concentrated powers of the RA Government to Hamainqs (communes)
- To initiate the HAMAKERT (similar to Kibbutz) program. After the negotiations with the government, establishing the first Hamakert, which will be populated by volunteers. Later: selecting the initial set of villages, where the dwellers would agree to join such a program. The communally owned means of production, collective benefit/loss from the enterprises and Directly Democratic decision making on the direction of the Hamainq.
- To initiate and support Youth, Student and Volunteer programs which aim to show the beauties of meaningful Labour, being connected to the land, Direct-Decocratic participation in politics, Engagedness and Authenicity of experience.
- To finance, assist and Empower agrarian and industrial enterprises which are based on collectivist ownership and control (directly-democratic cooperatives and syndicates). And to this end, at the initial stage, to set up a Credit Union, which would later grow into a COOPERATIVE BANK with a vast customer base, and which would especially invest in projects that are environmentally friendly and ones that have a future in 21 century (e.g.: alternative energy).
- To establish the initial Confederation of Hamainqs for the purposes of economical mutual aid and effective organization of the movement as it grows.
- To see growth of the movement by deed and example. More and more Hamainqs join the movement. The movement Gains as many as possible Council seats and Hamainqapet Seats.
- To spark a mass Movement that would not be led by a single individual or a concentrated decision-making organ, but guided by a Platform/Manifesto and a set of principles and ethics; a Movement that would not be organized hierarchically, but horizontally (rhizomatically) — with each cell operating independently, but toward the same set of goals.
- To work (whether through parliament or mass-movement) toward the realization of a vision of a transformed Armenia as a Federated Polity of Directly-Democratic Hamainqs and Unions as its political structure; where Communitarian and Socialist social values prevail; where worker-owned cooperative, collectivist and syndicalist structures dominate the economy; where the production is sustainable, environmentally friendly and socially just; where culture and art thrive; where people are proud of their political lifestyle; and where the concept of “Coming to Power” looses its conventional meaning.